Schools Starts Soon! Get Prepared

Lizbeth Potts, P.A.Lizbeth Potts, P.A. Tampa Attorney Legal Articles

back to school

Not only does school start soon, but many people need to get their children registered. What does a parent need to get a child enrolled in a Florida school? If you are a parent, an extended family in temporary custody of a minor child, a guardian to a school aged child, and you live in Hillsborough County, this is important … Read More

Tampa Child Custody Lawyer

Lizbeth Potts, P.A.Family Laws, Lizbeth Potts, P.A. Tampa Attorney Legal Articles

child custody

Tampa Child Custody LawyerWhether you are going through a contested or uncontested divorce, if children are involved, you are going to fill out a Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act Affidavit.  We call this form the UCCJEA form for short.  Regardless of whether you and your spouse agree on parental responsibility, time-sharing/visitation, or custody, this form is required.  The … Read More

Immigration Address Change

Lizbeth Potts, P.A.Immigration Laws, Lizbeth Potts, P.A. Tampa Attorney Legal Articles

Immigration Address Change

Immigration Address ChangeIMMIGRATION ADDRESS CHANGE NOTIFICATION FOR NON-CITIZENS IS MANDATORYDid you know if you are a non-citizen, you must notify the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) within TEN (10) days of your change of address? You may notify USCIS by mail or online. In most cases, if you file online, you will not need to file the paper form. The … Read More

Selective Service

Lizbeth Potts, P.A.Immigration Laws, Lizbeth Potts, P.A. Tampa Attorney Legal Articles

Tampa Selective Service

SELECTIVE SERVICEIf you are a male, between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age, and a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), you are required to register for military service in the United States.Apply for CitizenshipOne of the criteria immigration authorities require when you apply for citizenship is proof that you have registered with Selective Service, as it … Read More