Naturalization process

What is Naturalization?NaturalizationNaturalization is the process that an individual from a foreign country goes through to become a US citizen. In most cases, the individual has held a green card for the stipulated amount of time before becoming eligible to apply for Naturalization. For someone who is married to a US citizen, the time is three (3) years, but in … Read More

Advance Directives

Powers of Personal Representative

When Should I revise my Advance Directives and Will?If you have a major life change, you should consider revising or updating your will and other estate planning documents, including your Advance Directives.Consider reviewing and possibly revising your will, advance directives , and other estate planning documents.Review your Will if any of the following occur:

File for a Divorce

File for a Divorce

I WANT TO File For a Divorce, in Florida? File for a Divorce in FloridaIf you have decided to get divorced one of the most important questions that needs to be answered is:

Advance Directive

tampa Advance Directives

Advance Directive One must plan for the unknown and inevitable in life. If you become incapacitated and cannot make decisions for yourself, you need to make sure that what you want is known and can be followed by those who are treating you. The only way that can happen is if you have your decisions in writing. Here in Florida, … Read More

Mediation for Divorce in a Family Law Case

DIVORCE MEDIATION IN A FAMILY LAW CASEIf the parties are not able to work out a mediated settlement, then and only then may the parties and their attorneys tell the court they must set the case for trial and present the contested issues to the court.

Replace Permanent Resident Card

Immigration Address Change

Replace Permanent Resident Card In Florida Renewing a Replace Permanent Resident Card that is about to expire Replacing a permanent Resident Card Correcting data because of USCIS error or your name has been legally changed Never received Replace Permanent Resident Card Tampa Green Card LawyerLizbeth Potts of Lizbeth Potts, P.A. can help you with filling out the necessary paperwork, gathering all of the … Read More

What is Probate Law

what is immigration law

WHAT IS PROBATE LAWProbate Law is the administration of the estate of a person who has passed away. We call this person the decedent. Probate administration distributes the decedent’s property to the beneficiaries or heirs and resolves any claims against the estate.There are different types of probate LawSummary Administration for estates that total less than $75,000.00 and Formal Administration for … Read More

Ways to Avoid Probate

avoid probate

Avoid ProbateWhen someone dies and leaves real (house, land) and/or personal property, it must be legally transferred to the individual’s heirs or beneficiaries. This is called probate. In some cases, probate can be avoided, regardless of whether someone dies with or without a will. Planning to Avoid ProbateRegardless of whether you die with or without a will. if there is … Read More

How to become a citizen of the United States

A citizen of the United States

Citizen of the United States?In order to determine whether you are eligible for citizenship, you have to be able to answer some questions and be willing to follow through with certain requirements to uphold and defend the United States.